Currently Reading:

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

by Elizabeth Gilbert

This book is simply... delicious.

I am learning so much!  The author weaves her story in such a way that I become mesmerized.  The history of Italy -- I haven't made it to India or Indonesia yet -- is intertwined within her own personal story in such a way that I don't even realize how much I'm learning until I've already learned it.  I now know the basis of the Rosary and the origins of the Italian language.

I'm also enjoying reading about her own personal discovery of God.  I listen to her journey into spirituality and my faith screams out the answer to what she sees as a mystery.  This ever-present love, this certainty that comes to her in her lowest moments, this reassuring voice from within is my God, my Lord, and my Love!  Faith makes me certain.

No comments: